Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We process your information in the following ways:
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We may share your personal information with third parties and they include shipping companies to fulfil orders and Paypal to process electronic payments. We will not sell your details on to a third party.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- Google Analytics
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Fair & Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
- We will deal with personal information securely and respectfully. All transactions are processed at the point of sale, or when taking a deposit. No cardholder information is accessible online and we do not store card details digitally or physically after processing your card details.
- We will ensure that none of your personal information can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
- To process an order, we will need your name, billing address, telephone number and email address. We will use this information to process the order and, if any questions should arise, will contact you about your order.
- If we need to contact you, we will contact you via email, text or by telephone.
- Any information provided by you will be used for the purposes of processing your orders only. We may provide your details to a third party courier or delivery service in case we cannot deliver your order ourselves.
- Your information will not be shared with individuals or other companies (such as direct mail organisations or other third parties) unless required by law.
- If you have requested to receive our newsletter, this will be delivered to the email address you give us. We send newsletters with information on our products, workshops and classes, exhibitions, and sale events. We may also occasionally send specific offers we believe you may be interested in.
- You should help us update and maintain the accuracy of any of our personal information by notifying us of any changes of address, title, telephone number or e-mail address. If you are no longer a customer and/or you wish to be removed from our database, please contact us via email or phone us.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Help with GDPR for Small Business (Website integration support)